Education / Fellowship / Mission
Education & Fellowship - Adults, Youth and Children:
Sunday Mornings beginning September 9:
- Adult Sunday School Class: 9:30 - 10:25 a.m. - 1st Floor Library
The Wired Word (current events explored in light of Scripture)
- Children's Sunday School (grades 2 - 5): 9:30 - 10:25 a.m. - 2nd Floor Classroom
- Worship & Wonder (ages 3 - 7): 10:40 a.m. - 2nd Floor Classroom
- Coffee Fellowship following 10:30 a.m. service
Wednesday Evenings: (School year only)
- Snack Supper: 5:30 until 6:30 p.m. - A suggested donation of $3.00 per person to help defray the cost of the meal.
- Adult Dinner Study Group: 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. (during dinner)
- Junior and Senior High Youth: 6:15 - 7:15 p.m. 3rd Floor Youth Room
- Additional Opportunities - Everyone is Welcome!
- Disciple Women Deborah group - First Monday of the month (except July/August) 7:30 p.m - check calendar for location.
- Disciple Women Martha group - First Wednesday of the month (except July/August) 1:30 p.m. - check calendar for location
- Book Study Group - 3rd or 4th Saturday of the month - check calendar for time and place
- Seasonal small group studies - TBA
In addition to Wednesday evening activities, youth have a variety of opportunities for service, growth, and fellowship through participation in fall and spring regional retreats, summer camping at Kamp Kaleo in Burwell, Nebraska, the International Affairs Seminar (for juniors and seniors in high school and college freshmen), mission trips, Vacation Bible School, the CROP Walk, Souper Bowl Sunday, 30-Hour Famine, lock-ins, Youth Sunday, and fundraisers such as pancake and spaghetti luncheons. Youth may also serve as greeters, worship leaders, ushers, functional department members, and members of the diaconate.
Those who are musically inclined are encouraged to share their talents vocally and/or instrumentally in worship, choir, handbells, and FCC's brass quartet. Check Music Ministries page. Talk with Mark Miller, Director of Music Ministries or leave a message at the church office, 402-475-4289.
All Church Activities:
- Tacos & Talent
- Fall Tailgate
- Annual Book & Puzzle Sale
- Thanksgiving Dinner & Celebration
- A Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Soup Suppers and Pot-Luck Dinners
- Partner with Heartland Big Brothers/Big Sisters
- Opportunities for service in the community as they arise
- Financial support of local and worldwide non-profits/outreach
- Serve on community boards and ecumenical groups